The Legatum Center is holding the final event of the Fall 2016 Speaker Series on the contributions of entrepreneurship to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal targets. The theme of the panel is SDG #7: Energy.
This event features Professor Rob Stoner, as well as students, MIT faculty and alumni entrepreneurs who will share their insights into how innovation may solve complex challenges and opportunities for new ventures.
Sorin Grama, Co-founder of Greentown Labs and Promethean Power Systems, MIT Entrepreneur-in-Residence
Mark Vasu, Executive Vice President, Greentown Labs
The Legatum Center’s Fall Speaker Series includes five sessions:
- Sept. 30th, Food & Agriculture - Goal #2 Zero Hunger moderated by Professor Tavneet Suri and featuring guest speaker Dr. Venkat Maroju, Sloan '07, CEO of Source Trace Systems
- Oct. 21st, Global Health - Goal #3 Good Health and Wellbeing
- Nov. 4th, Financial Technology & Infrastructure - Goal #9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Nov. 18th, Education & Technology - Goal #4 Quality Education moderated by Dr. Sanjay Sarma and featuring guest speakers Erdin Beshimov, MIT edX, and Caitlin Baron, CEO of the Speed School Fund
- Dec. 2nd, Energy - Goal #7 Energy moderated by Professor Rob Stoner and featuring guest speakers Sorin Grama, co-founder of Promethean Power Systems and Greentown Labs; Mark Vasu, Executive Vice President of Greentown Labs; and, Devin Currie, a postdoctoral associate in MIT's department of chemical engineering
Brunch will be available.