In this second of two workshops, students are introduced to entrepreneurship in biomedical science and engineering through a “hands-on” approach, in which students have to deal with real issues and challenges. The workshop will provide an experiential learning opportunity for students to practice analyzing and assessing a real venture idea.
The following topics will be introduced:
- Understanding the opportunities and risks/challenges of launching and developing a venture in biomedical science and engineering in the US
- Identifying, creating, and evaluating venture ideas in biomedical science and engineering and assess the feasibility and size of the related opportunities
- Understanding the process of going from idea to commercialization
- Learning how to read financial statements
- Practicing and delivering an elevator pitch