Entrepreneurship – Coming Fall 2017
Regardless of your career track or level, having strong entrepreneurial skills are critical to a successful career in any given field.
The ability to think and act like an entrepreneur are among the most sought after skills that top corporations, startups, management consulting firms and financial institutions look for in their prospective employees. This program will make you a stronger executive, business owner or leader across multiple areas, improving your business competency and leadership.
The program combines in-class exercises, mobile app-based activities and real-world application. Participants will learn to develop and grow a real business, a startup and/or microenterprise through a hands-on approach. This program combines practical applications of business competency, leadership and advisory ability. Participants will build a business plan, conduct market analysis, survey potential customers, test their product and/or service, create financial projections and develop a “fundable” business plan or investor pitch.
Dates and Times
- Coming — Spring 2017
* Please check back soon for exact dates and times.
SF State Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street, Suite 600
Current SF State students and alumni and those who register early will receive a special discounted price of $395 USD.
*Program pricing and dates subject to change.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who is interested in developing stronger entrepreneurial skills. Students should be resourceful, resilient and mature, as well as be open to feedback and adapting to change. Participants who are able to bring intellectual rigor, natural curiosity and drive to get out and apply what they learn in the program will see a successful transformation of themselves by the end of the program.
- Create an understanding of how to create a business strategy, conduct market analysis, test a product or service and develop a financial plan
- Learn how to manage limited resources to bootstrap a new business that allows entrepreneurs to launch and grow through lean startup principals
- Develop higher self-awareness of your attributes, capabilities and behaviors as a leader
- Improve executive-level communication and decision making skills
- Create a “fundable” business plan or pitch
The program delivers courses across the following topics:
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Market Analysis and Research
- Value Proposition
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Finance and Projections
- Creating an Investor Pitch
Target Class Size