Entrepreneurs' Playbook: Market and Opportunity [Week 3 Only]
Monday, November 11, 2013 from 6:15 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Redwood City, CA
Week 3 of Thinktomi's Entrepreneur's Playbook will focus on market and opportunity considerations in setting up a startup.
Key topics will include:
- Understand your market (i.e. Total Addressable Market (TAM), Served Addressable Market (SAM)), market dynamics (e.g. Share of Market (SAM)) and market research techniques.
- Business-to-business and business-to-consumer transactions.
- Discussion of auction and reverse auction.
- Exploration of market segmentation (e.g. how to target specific niches).
- The importance of market intelligence and continually managing and tracking (e.g. identifying key metrics).
- The importance of market timing and emerging trends (e.g. first and second mover strategies).
- Understanding competition: who is your competition, types of competition, how strategy and positioning affect your operations, culture, behavior, & methods of depicting competition.
- The importance of product and market focus (e.g. domination of a niche).
When & Where
Thinktomi provides a Silicon Valley education in business and technology through cutting-edge classes and certificate programs. All graduates become part of the Thinktomi Mafia -- a global network of entrepreneurs.