Entrepreneurs' Playbook: Market and Opportunity [Week 3 Only]
Monday, November 11, 2013 from 6:15 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Redwood City, CA
Week 3 of Thinktomi's Entrepreneur's Playbook will focus on market and opportunity considerations in setting up a startup.
Key topics will include:
- Understand your market (i.e. Total Addressable Market (TAM), Served Addressable Market (SAM)), market dynamics (e.g. Share of Market (SAM)) and market research techniques.
- Business-to-business and business-to-consumer transactions.
- Discussion of auction and reverse auction.
- Exploration of market segmentation (e.g. how to target specific niches).
- The importance of market intelligence and continually managing and tracking (e.g. identifying key metrics).
- The importance of market timing and emerging trends (e.g. first and second mover strategies).
- Understanding competition: who is your competition, types of competition, how strategy and positioning affect your operations, culture, behavior, & methods of depicting competition.
- The importance of product and market focus (e.g. domination of a niche).
When & Where
Thinktomi teaches live, facilitated entrepreneurship and business classes focused on cutting-edge Silicon Valley methodologies, and featuring thought leaders. Students have the opportunity to join the Thinktomi Global Network (T-Global) a group of alumni and domain experts from around the globe and to stay connected and continue learning through Thinktomi events and networking opportunities.
Thinktomi’s mission is to increase accessibility to high-quality business education to people of all ages and backgrounds. We believe that everyone can learn best practices in entrepreneurship, create value, and impact through their work. As a Public Benefit Corporation we are committed to pursuing our mission. One way we are serving the community is by adopting a 2|2|2 model. We are committing 2% of our profit, 2% of our employees’ time, and 2% of our programming to the community.