The focus of this 3-day workshop is to apply Sqoop scripting and Oozie workflows to move data in and out of Hive, and import the data into Tableau public to generate dashboards for meaningful insights. We will demonstrate and teach the class using examples such as twenty years of data (120 million observations) on commercial domestic flights in the United States.
Receive a digital CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION for display on your LinkedIn profiles with links back to the content and verification details to allow anyone to connect to your learning. Divergence Academy is Texas Workforce Commission approved career school.
This workshop can be taken standalone or as part of the sequence of four workshops that make up Data Science for Analysts.
- WORKSHOP #1: Python for Data Analysis (3 days)
- WORKSHOP #2: Introduction to Machine Learning (1 day)
- WORKSHOP #3: Scaling Data Analysis with Spark (3 days)
- WORKSHOP #4: Enterprise Data Warehousing & Analytics with Hadoop and Tableau (3 days)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Laying the Hadoop Foundation. Playing with Sqoop & moving data out of MySQL.
- Data Pipelines – Scripting Sqoop & Hive database configuration.
- Data Pipelines Continued – Hive & Oozie workflows.
- Importing Data into Tableau & using Python.
- Extending Tableau with Python & Building Dashboards.
When & Where