Actions and Detail Panel
Ensure Compliance for Government Contractors
Mon, August 21, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
In today's federal marketplace, compliance is the name of the game. Government contractors are held to standards that stretch beyond the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) carry stricter rules that businesses must follow in order to bid on and win lucrative contracts.
In Ensure Compliance for Government Contractors, we'll cover the basics of staying in compliance with these federal regulations. This course is held over three days in two-hour long webinar sessions. View sample materials for this course.
Learning objectives for this course include:
- Describe the purpose and important sections of the FAR and CAS
- Determine CAS coverage
- Allocate costs in compliance with the FAR
- Describe the consistency requirement
- Identify defective pricing strategies
- Avoid "double-dipping"
- Classify costs as allowable or unallowable
- Describe an Incurred Cost Submission
- Describe the total time accounting requirements
- List the major types of contracts
- Describe Forward Pricing Rates
- List other legislation that applies to government contractors
- Describe the government contracting procurement cycle
- List the government-conducted audit
- List the enforcement options of the government
This is a three-part basic level course and does not require a prerequisite or advanced preparation. This course will be held via webinar with log-in details sent within 48 hours of the course start time.