San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In today's federal marketplace, compliance is the name of the game. Government contractors are held to standards that stretch beyond the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) carry stricter rules that businesses must follow in order to bid on and win lucrative contracts.
Learning objectives for this course include:
- Describe the purpose and important sections of the FAR and CAS
- Determine CAS coverage
- Allocate costs in compliance with the FAR
- Describe the consistency requirement
- Identify defective pricing strategies
- Avoid "double-dipping"
- Classify costs as allowable or unallowable
- Describe an Incurred Cost Submission
- Describe the total time accounting requirements
- List the major types of contracts
- Describe Forward Pricing Rates
- List other legislation that applies to government contractors
- Describe the government contracting procurement cycle
- List the government-conducted audit
- List the enforcement options of the government
This is a basic level course and does not require a prerequisite or advanced preparation.
|Field of Study:
||Specialized Knowledge and Applications
||Group-Live, Instructor-Led Course
When & Where
NeoSystems delivers strategic back office services, including Accounting & Finance, Human Capital Management, and Information Technology, to government contractors. As a Deltek and IBM partner, we enable smarter decision making through turning data into relevant, actionable reports. And, through our secure, private cloud, your applications become accessible from virtually anywhere.