Awareness of Self as a Cultural Being - Implications for Enhancing Culturally Responsive Care
This experiential workshop will invite participants to increase awareness of how multiple group identities shape us personally and professionally. We will explore how barriers to inclusion continue to play out at four interlocking levels, the personal, interpersonal, systemic and cultural. Participants will explore how these barriers can impact effective service delivery as well as access to services. At this day in age, it is so important that we find ways to discuss the continued impact of power imbalances in our communities.
The workshop will offer possible alternative behaviors at each level. Participants are encouraged to bring actual cases or issues they are wishing to explore through a diversity/inclusion lens.
- Workshop + lunch: $100 pre-sale, $150 at the door
- Workshop + lunch with CEUs for LMFTs or LCSWs: $125 presale, $175 at the door
- 8:30am-9am - Registration
- 9am-12pm - Workshop
- 12pm-1pm - Catered Lunch
- 1pm-4pm - Workshop Continued
- 4pm - Workshop Ends
- Contact Toni Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559.487.1309
Sponsored by the Isnardi Foundation