Enhanced Due Diligence and Potential Pitfalls
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This BSA compliance training will detail the requirements for enhanced due diligence (EDD) and the potential pitfalls. Attendees will learn best practices for implementing BSA regulations in their EDD program and avoid violations.
Why Should You Attend:
Although financial institutions have been managing their enhanced due diligence (EDD) program per the regulation requirements, the change in focus for a comprehensive EDD program has become increasingly important. Regulators look to the bank for insurance and evidence that EDD is appropriately applied to ensure that BSA efforts are properly implemented and overseen.
The “Enhanced Due Diligence and Potential Pitfalls” webinar highlights BSA compliance practices that are being acknowledged and recognized by regulators and examiners regarding EDD. The areas of focus outlined in this webinar are based on best industry practice, supervisory experience and cover the major components of an effective EDD program. The instructor will look at EDD and the specifics of each area as it pertains to BSA compliance.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Implementing BSA compliance with EDD requirements
- Assessing policies and procedures
- Review of monitoring programs
- Determining effectiveness and thoroughness of EDD programs
- Ensuring qualified employee oversight of daily EDD operations
- Independent testing
Who will benefit:
- BSA / AML Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in BSA / AML management and oversight
- Corporate Audit
- Financial Officers
Dr. Gina J. Lowdermilk, PhD (ABD), CAMS, CRMS is a highly experienced and educated BSA/AML and Financial Regulatory Compliance professional with extensive policy and procedure development and implementation, training, internal audit, monitoring, risk management, and reporting experience. Her emphasis has been working with financial institutions that are experiencing regulatory concerns and resolutions, including enforcement actions such as memorandums of understanding and cease and desist orders. Her 15 years of experience has given her the opportunity to work from small community banks to large, international financial institutions. Her roles not only included BSA/AML and Compliance, but also operations, lending services, business development, marketing, management, department development, and asset quality. Ms. Lowdermilk has worked with all of the financial regulators and examiners. She possesses advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access skills. She also has experience with FiServ, BAM, CRA Wiz, TeamMate, COGNOS, and Metavante banking software. Gina has been responsible for creating both recurring and ad hoc executive management and board presentations. In addition to her above experience, she is also an adjunct instructor for the business and construction management programs at a local college, as well as writes numerous BSA/AML and Compliance articles, training materials, and manuals as requested from numerous clients.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.