- What does it mean for media to be viral?
- Why does certain content “go viral” while other content does not?
- Can virality be deliberately “engineered” into a website or does it only happen by chance?
- What are the essential principles of user behavior, media, and technology for making content viral?
- How is virality measured? What metrics are worth tracking?
- Examples of startups successfully “engineered” to go viral
- Which social networks, API’s and services are most useful in engineering virality?
- And much more…
- Graham Lawlor, Founder of Ultra Light Startups, NYC
- Cris De Luca, Organizer, Ultra Light Startups, Boston
NYC Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Greg Galant, CEO of Sawhorse Media
- Adam Pennenberg, Professor of Journalism at NYU, Author of Viral Loop
- Jonah Peretti, Co-Founder of BuzzFeed and Huffington Post
- Michael Yavonditte, Founder & CEO of Hashable and Tracked.com
This is a video simulcast event in Boston. Ultra Light Startups will be simulcasting video of this panel from New York to a live, in-person audience gathered at WorkBar Boston. Boston attendees participate interactively in the startup pitches, networking, and panel discussion.
In Boston, we will watch a live video stream of New York on a projection screen. Ultra Light Startups Boston organizers Cris DeLuca and David Ulrich will be taking live questions from Boston attendees and feeding them to New York. Questions asked in Boston will be fed back to New York and answered by the panel live in real-time.
It is a great opportunity to hear a fantastic panel, make new business connections with startups in New York, and network with fellow Ultra Light Startups Boston members.
Video Stream: If you cannot attend this event in person, please consider watching our live video stream. The stream will have full coverage of the startup pitches, interactive panel discussion, as well as exclusive interviews with panelists, startup founders, and special guests.
New York: If you are in New York, consider attending the event there in person. Click here to register for the New York event.
When & Where
Ultra Light Startups®
Ultra Light Startups brings together the world's most innovative technology entrepreneurs, in monthly events and accompanying online communities. Events feature pitching, networking and interactive, moderated panel discussions with leading industry experts.
Topics cover: design, technology, marketing and finance
Ultra Light Startups, Boston by Cris De Luca. Contact for more details.