Actions and Detail Panel
Engineering Green Maryland 2016
Wed, November 2, 2016, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
This one day conference is an event for professionals and others interested in the planning, technical design of a sustainable site, and the latest examples of sustainable projects. This one day conference will showcase projects and design strategies from various disciplines in the private and public sectors, primarily in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (PA, VA, DE, & MD).
The day will include four sessions (with 2-4 tracks to choose from) in which presenters will give an in-depth look at project design, implementation, and lessons learned. The event will also include a keynote address, breakfast and lunch, and an exhibitor area. You will have a chance to put your mind together with other professionals working in similar areas and dealing with similar issues to come up with practical solutions.
What to expect at Engineering Green 2016-
Keynote: Building Responsibly, Operating Sustainably, Educating Holistically
Speakers (from John Hopkins University): Matt Beecy, Associate Director for Engineering, Energy, and Sustainability (ADEES); Ashley Pennington, Program Manager for the Office of Sustainability; and Olivia Zug, Associate Communications and Outreach Coordinator for the Office of Sustainability
Explore the unique approach institutions of higher learning can take in advancing sustainability in campus planning, operations and maintenance, and outreach.
From visual educational tools within state-of-the-art buildings that expose staff and faculty to the complexities of a campus ecosystem, to hands-on experiential learning programs that have students interface with the behind-the-scenes campus operations, the spaces we build and operate can enhance the communities we want to live, learn and work in.
Professional CEU approvals are pending.
- Resilience - The Ultimate Sustainability
- JHU Stormwater Master Plan: Accounting for Stormwater in Redevelopment Planning
- Stream Restoration Design and Implementation for Maximizing TMDL Reduction Credits
- Driving Sustainability Beyond the Buildings - Introduction of the SITES Rating System
- Energy-efficient Design and Smart Operations of Appliances in Homes and Buildings
- Setting up Fast-tracks Stormwater Retrofit Projects for Long-term Success
- Water Quality Retrofits for the Redevelopment of a Small Waterfront Residential Lot
- Wellness Benefits Extend Beyond the Building into the Site
- Practical Design and Implementation of Water Reuse Systems and Utilization
- Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance: Design Implications of an Urban Case Demonstration in Baltimore
- Exterior Retrofits that Attract Tenants and "Green" Your Facility
- Great Adaptations: LBC NET ZERO Water Solutions for the Gaddy House
- High-Performance Manufacturing: Achieving Net Positive Water with Humanscale
- Growing Green Initiative - It Takes a Village: Riggs Avenue Case Study
- Library Square, Baltimore: A Public Stormwater Retrofit Design-Build Case Study
- Miquon Creek- Restoring Stream Function, Water Quality, and Safety Following Storm Damage
- Who's Down with NGOPP? NGO-Private-Public Partnerships to Design and Implement Restoration Projects
- Life Cycle Analysis of Adaptive Reuse: Is Existing Building the Greenest Building?
Thank you to our Engineering Green Sponsors & Partners!
Budova Engineering, Inc.
KCI Technologies, Inc.
View event sponsorship and exhibitor information: http://eg2016partners.eventbrite.com
Cancellations requests must be made at least one week prior to the event. Ticket cost will be refunded, less a 10% service fee.