One slot left for September 3, 2010 in the morning. Interested? email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golden Gate Railroad Museum in conjunction with the Niles Canyon Railway is excited to announce the opportunity of a lifetime. Take a step back in time and fulfill your childhood fantasy of running a steam locomotive with the "Engineer for and Hour" program.
This program will be held on Thursday, September 2, 2010 and Friday, September 3, 2010 on the Niles Canyon Railway in Beautiful Niles, California.
The event will run as follows:
- Instructional course by the Golden Gate Railroad Museum CMO (Chief Mechanical Officer) on safe and proper handling of a steam locomotive.
- Former Southern Pacific Club-Lounge No. 2979 will be open as the classroom and refreshment area.
- Under supervision certified personell, run from end of Niles yard limits to two miles up and back the tracks. 10 miles per hour.
- Membership in the Golden Gate Railroad Museum and Pacific Locomotive Association.
- Certificate and special "participant only" recognition item.