Engaging Our Neighbors: One-Day Training with Hugh Halter
What would it look like to go on a year long mission trip...across your street? To be sent to where you already live? Join us for a day of training and discussion with Hugh Halter, director of Forge America and author of The Tangible Kingdom, Flesh, Brimstone, and others, as he teaches us how to live as missionaries in our own communities.
Topics of Discussion include:
- Hugh's story of living on mission.
- What the real "missional" is.
- How to balance the "gathered and scattered" of the church.
- How to shift from small groups into missional communities.
- Q & A and discussion on how to move forward.
Hugh Halter Bio:
Hugh and his wife Cheryl have planted two churches and are working on a planting a third right now. Hugh is also the founder of Missio, a mission training organization, and the author of Sacrilege, BiVO, and co-author of The Tangible Kingdom, AND, and FLESH. His latest book is titled Brimstone: The Act and Act of Holy Nonjudgement. He speaks extensively, encouraging and equipping pastors in incarnational ministry and missional leadership.