Explore 21st century civic engagement!
You are invited to spend an amazing day learning from speakers, panels and your fellow colleagues about a wide range of civic engagement strategies - brand new ideas AND field tested programs alike! Stay for a second day of workshops and load your toolkit with participatory budgeting solutions, civic engagement frameworks and best practices.
Each day will start with an opportunity to network with your fellow attendees over coffee. Each day be filled with techniques you can use to tackle real work engagement.
What will you learn?
Day One is a one day, high-energy conference consisting of engaging speakers and interactive sessions.
You'll be welcomed to the conference by our host, NetApp and by Luke Hohmann, Co-Founder Every Voice Engaged Foundation
The day will be filled with speakers discussing techniques for engagement and sharing their experiences.
- Kip Harkness: The Impact of PB Impact on a City
- Amy Lee: Tackling Wicked Problems Through Deliberative Decision Making
- Martha Amram: Budget Games: When Democracy and Economics Meet
- Shari Davis: Participatory Budgeting: Past, Present and Future
Ashley Trim: Not an Afterthought: Why Evaluating Engagement from the Start is Key to Sustaining Future Engagement
Our interactive sessions will include:
- Prune the Future - How could 21st Century Engagement Help You Grow Your Community
- Participatory Budgeting Best Practices Panel, hosted by Mercedes Adams, based on her experience working with the City of San Jose.
We'll wrap up day one with a wine reception.
Day two will focus on Inspiration and Education.
We'll start the day with a presentation by Phaedra Boinodiris on Civic Engagement Technologies.
We'll then break into two training sessions:
- Participatory Budget Training:
At the end of this training, Participants will understand how to produce a PB event for their municipality, community or high school and will have in their possession a kit from the PBP and EVEF that supports them in this endeavor.
- Common Ground Training:
At the end of this training, Participants will understand how to use Deliberative Decision Making to tackle wicked problems in urban planning and governance.
We'll end each day with closing remarks and reflections.