Join us to celebrate the completion of the Greentown Launch SunRISE program at our DSM-sponsored EnergyBar on December 8th! This event will be attended by entrepreneurs, funders, corporates and allies from across the solar industry in the Northeast and beyond.
- 5:00-5:30pm -- Sign-in/Registration
- 5:30-6:30pm -- Welcoming Remarks from Greentown Labs and WISE/BASIC/Net Impact Boston
- 5:35-6:30pm -- Women Investing for a Sustainable Economy (WISE), Building a Sustainable Investment Community (BASIC), and Net Impact Boston Clean Energy Panel
- 6:30-6:40pm -- Remarks from Greentown Labs and DSM
- Emily Reichert - CEO, Greentown Labs
- Pieter Wolters - Managing Director, DSM Venturing
- Katie MacDonald - Director of Strategic Partnerships, Greentown Labs
- 6:40-7:10pm Company Pitches & Awards
- HEE Solar (Dallas, TX) – Greentown Launch acceleration and DSM Partnership/Investment eligibility. HEE Solar is developing perovskite photovoltaic technology, made stable to achieve long lifetimes.
- QD Solar (Toronto, Canada) – Greentown Launch acceleration and DSM Partnership/Investment eligibility. QD Solar is developing next generation photovoltaic cells using colloidal quantum dot cell technology.
- Tessolar (Cambridge, MA) – Fraunhofer Validation Study, Greentown Launch acceleration, and DSM Partnership/Investment eligibility. Tessolar’s novel module design that targets reduction in module and balance of system costs.
- WattGlass Inc. (Fayetville, AR) – Greentown Launch acceleration and DSM Partnership/Investment eligibility. WattGlass is commercializing the next generation of antireflective glass coatings that also have self-cleaning and anti-fogging properties.
- 7:10-8:30pm Celebration & Networking
EnergyBar is Greentown Labs' monthly networking event devoted to helping people in clean technology meet and discuss innovations in energy technology. Entrepreneurs, investors, students, and ‘friends of cleantech,’ are invited to attend, meet colleagues, and expand our growing regional clean technology community.
Our attendees typically span a variety of disciplines within energy, efficiency, and renewables. In general, if you're looking for a job in cleantech or energy, trying to expand your network, or perhaps thinking about starting your own energy-related company this is the event for you. Expect to have conversations about issues facing advanced and renewable energy technologies and ways to solve our most pressing energy problems.
Light appetizers and drinks will be served starting at 5:30 pm. Suggested dress is shop floor casual. Parking is incredibly limited at Greentown Labs and we encourage attendees to consider taking advantage of public transportation.
Hope to see you there!
This EnergyBar will be "Greened" thanks to Mass Energy!
Since 1982, Mass Energy has pursued a mission to make energy more affordable and environmentally sustainable for consumers. Today that means supporting policies and programs aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions 80% by 2050 in the economically smartest ways possible.
Parking and Transportation
Unfortunately Greentown Labs does not have any parking but we're a short 1-mile walk from the Harvard MBTA station down Kirkland and Washington Streets. Union Square in Somerville is also easily accessible via the #86 and #91 MBTA buses. We offer indoor bike parking on-site and the two closest Hubway stations are at Conway Park and Union Square.
When & Where
28 Dane Street
Greentown Labs enables entrepreneurs to solve the world's biggest energy and environmental challenges. Our mission is to enable a vibrant community of entrepreneurs to work on their visions and to provide access to the space, resources, and funding that allows their early-stage companies thrive. We offer 40,000 sq. ft. of prototyping lab and co-located office space, a shared machine shop and electronics lab, immersion in a growing community of energy and clean technology entrepreneurs, and on-site events and programs designed to enable start-ups to rapidly grow their networks and their companies.