Actions and Detail Panel
Energy Management Training: Phase 1 & 2 - November
Tue, Nov 1, 2016, 12:30 PM – Wed, Nov 2, 2016, 4:00 PM CDT
PHASE 1 - November 1: 12:30 - 4:30 pm
Introduction to Energy Management (EM-101):
As the first 1/2 day course in the new Energy Management Training Program, EM-101 covers energy terminology, supply and trend costs, and how to effectively read and analyze utility bills.
The course continues with an overview of why energy management programs are a critical element in cost reduction and profitability initiatives within an organization. Additional topics include how to establish an energy management program, develop an energy team, the importance of having a champion, defining and implementing policies and goals. In addition, EM-101 addresses;
- Why energy management programs succeed or fail;
- How to develop and implement an energy efficiency culture within an organization
- How the Focus on Energy Program can provide manpower and financial resources to assist the organization in optimizing and reducing their overall energy costs.
PHASE 2: November 2: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Intermediate Energy Management (EM-201)
Prerequisites: EM-101 or equivalent knowledge base
The second full-day course in the new Energy Management Training Program, EM-201 builds on the knowledge gained in EM-101 and begins the process of refining the students understanding of terms, definitions, formulas and thumb rules used to determine the operating costs associated with various energy systems, to include;
- Building Envelop
- Compressed Air
- Motors and Variable Frequency Drives
- Boilers and Steam
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
EM-201 then addresses important topics relative to how the Focus on Energy Program can provide resources to assist an organization in identifying potential energy reduction project and determine if incentives may be available to help reduce the overall payback of the project.
Intended audience for both phases:
* Maintenance Personnel * Facility Managers * Facility Engineers * Plant Engineers * Building Engineers
* Environmental Managers * Energy Managers/Directors * Utility Managers * Cost Reduction Team Leaders * Lean Six Sigma Team Managers and members * Energy Consultants and Advisors
* Lean Six Sigma Team Managers and members * Business Owners and Managers
* Engineering Students interested in expanding their knowledge of energy management
CEU's: 0.4 = Phase 1; 0.6 = Phase 2
Enrollment: Enroll in either Phase 1 or 2, or attend both at a reduced rate.
Payment information: Credit card payments accepted.
Paying by check? Make payable to: SEERA / Focus on Energy, 1 S. Pinckney St., Ste. 340, Madison, WI 53703
Included: Phase 1: Course materials and refreshments. If also attending Motors and VFD from 8-12 on Nov. 1, a box lunch will be provided.
Phase 2: Course materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.