Employment Taxes and Employer Responsibilities
Take a guided tour through the maze of state and federal employment tax and other employer reporting requirements. Your tour guides will be experts from the IRS, Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, Minnesota Workers' Compensation Insurers Association and the United States Department of Labor.
In Depth Discussions of:
- Worker Status: are your "Independent Contractors" really independent?
- Employment Tax Withholding and Deposit Rules
- Online Reporting
- Quarterly and Annual Report Filing Requirements
- Unemployment Insurance
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Requirement
- The New Hire Reporting Rules and
- State and Federal Laws
- Department of Homeland Security (USCIS) Employee Verification Requirements
Additional Seminar Information
- No refunds made on cancellations made after October 7, 2016
- Upon request, this document is available in alternative formats.
- Individuals requiring accommodations to attend this event, contact: SBDC@smsu.edu or (507) 537-7386
SHRM/HRCI credits and Continuing Education hours requested.
Detailed Seminar Agenda: http://www.uimn.org/assets/EmploymentTaxSeminarAgenda_tcm1068-193252.pdf
This seminar is coordinated by:
- Southwest Small Business Development Center
- DEED—Job Service
- Minnesota West Community & Technical College
- Southwest Human Resources Association
- SW MN Workforce Council