Take a guided tour through the maze of state and federal employment tax and other employer reporting requirements. Your tour guides will be experts from the IRS, Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association and the United States Department of Labor.
Topics covered include:
- In-Depth Discussions of:
- Worker Status: Are your “Independent Contractors” really independent?
- Employment Tax Withholding and Deposit rules
- Online Reporting
- Quarterly and Annual Report Filing Requirements
- Unemployment Insurance
- Tax Rate Assignment
- Wage Reporting
- Benefit Account Issues
- Online System Overview
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Requirement
- Overviews of:
- The New Hire Reporting Rules, and
- State & Federal Laws
- Labor Standards (“Wage & Hour”)
- Department of Homeland Security (USCIS) Employee Verification Requirements
See detailed agenda at:
When & Where
Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership
Through a cooperative partnership, DEED, the Minnesota Department of Revenue, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association and the United States Department of Labor present employment tax information for small businesses free of charge at workshops which are held at convenient locations throughout the Twin Cities Metro area.