Vida L. Thomas
Vida serves as Of Counsel to the Firm’s Labor and Employment Group. As an AV-rated attorney who has practiced employment law for 23 years, she heads up the Firm’s workplace investigations unit. Also, as the Co-Chair of the Association of Workplace Investigators (“AWI”) Committee on Best Practices, Vida helped develop AWI’s advisory guidelines for workplace investigations. Vida is an expert trainer on AB 1825 sexual harassment prevention training, as well as other workplace trainings. She has also trained hundreds of human resources and EEO professionals in the private and public sectors on conducting effective workplace investigations. Vida advises employers regarding all aspects of employment law and human resources management, serves as an expert witness in state and federal employment lawsuits, and mediates litigation and non-litigation matters.
Seminar Goals and Objectives
The courts and the legislature have been very busy, creating even more obligations for employers. Don’t settle for a mere “review” of these new developments! Join us for an in-depth examination of new legislation, case law and administrative decisions that will go into effect in 2017. Attorney Vida Thomas, of the Weintraub Tobin law firm, will provide a comprehensive look at new laws governing wage and hour, arbitration, leaves of absence, accommodating transgender individuals and much more. Most important, Vida will show you what your organization must do to minimize legal liability.
What we will cover:
· Over 40 new statutes signed by Governor Brown.
· New decisions by California courts and the NLRB.
· The status of the DOL’s final rule on exempt employee salary test.
· What your organization must do to comply.
Who should attend:
– Business Owners who need to stay up to date so they can protect their organizations.
– HR Professionals seeking to build compliant organizations and manage risk.
– EEO Professionals looking for a comprehensive update to keep their organization current and compliant.
– HR Practitioners who want to hear from legal experts on how workplace law affects them.
When & Where
San Joaquin Society For Human Resource Management