The City of Corpus Christi’s Employee Performance Review Process is designed to:
- Communicate employee performance expectations and measure performance;
- Document and recognize superior employee performance;
- Continuously improve organizational employee performance to ensure that the City of Corpus Christi is the benchmark among Texas cities.
This procedure applies to all non-bargaining unit City employees.
To encourage exceptional employee performance of the City employees it is important for supervisors to:
- Lead by example. Meet with direct reports regularly throughout the cycle, as outlined on page 3, to establish expectations, identify and provide training and support, evaluate progress and document results.
- Ensure that managers and supervisors demonstrate and communicate this example throughout the organization.
- Ensure that end of year ratings are well documented, consistent throughout the organization and submitted for all employees in a timely manner.