San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You are invited to attend the:
Giro di Santa
Presented by the Empire Tri Club
When: Sunday, December 4, 2016
Time: 9:30 am for photos. (you don't want to miss these!) The ride will start promptly at 10am.
Location: Meet at 7th Ave and Central Park South
NEW ROUTE! This year, the route will be approximately 20 miles from start to finish with one quick stop at Strictly Bicycles in Fort Lee for some holiday snacks. Click HERE to view course map. The ride will start in Central Park and end at Tailwind Endurance (143 W 72nd Street).
Post Ride Drinks: After the ride we will drop off our bikes at Tailwind Endurance on 72nd Street (btwn Amsterdam & Columbus Ave). We will then walk across the street to the Dakota Bar.
Attire: Every rider is encouraged to dress in a full SANTA SUIT! (we go ALL OUT- not just a hat, not something that sort of resembles Santa, but a full, head-to-toe Santa costume). All faiths welcome- so feel free to modify your Santa suit! Click here to purchase a suit online, or find a retailer near you like New York Costumes or Ricky's. (select a shipping option that ensures it arrives in time!)
Donate: The cost to participate is a $20 donation to the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Funds will be used to purchase adaptive equipment, coaching and competition expenses for physically disabled athletes. The Empire Tri Club will MATCH all donations up to $1,000**.
Additional Details: This is a fun, leisure, holiday ride and we aim to stick together. If enough riders are present, we may split into a few pace groups if needed. While our goal is to stay together and ride as a group, please know the route and understand that the distance covered is approximately 20-30 miles. Not sure if you're up for the distance? Join us at the start of the ride to take pictures and send us off, or meet us at Strictly Bicycles for milk and cookies!
This will be the most fun ride of the year, so come with lots of warm clothes and holiday cheer!
Some basic Do's and Don't's for the ride:
- Do obey all rules of the road
- Do wear a helmet
- Do wear a full Santa costume (no, not just a hat)
- Do bring water / sports drink to stay hydrated
- Do dress up your bike with festive decorations
- Do invite your friends to ride with us, or meet us on the course to take pictures and enjoy the fun
- Do remember to bring a flat repair kit, including a spare tube, CO2 Cartridge and Microinflate (or pump that attaches to your frame), tire levers and patch kit
- Do secure a front and rear light on your bike for safety
- Do consider making a larger contribution to the Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Don't ride recklessly or disregard laws just because you're dressed up and having fun
- Don't forget to DRESS WARM and dress in layers! Winter cycling gear, hats, gloves, etc. are strongly encouraged!
- Don't forget to bring money and ID
- Don't consume alcohol or drugs before or during the ride
- Don't miss this ride! It will be the most fun ride of the year!
Please note, that every rider is responsible for his/her own safety. Helmets MUST be worn. The Empire Tri Club and CAF are not responsible for any one who chooses to participate in the ride. Please note this is NOT a CAF-sponsored event, and this ride does not have SAG support, closed roads or police escorts. You MUST be able to handle the terrain, pace and distance without support. It is simply a fun ride that is raising money for CAF.
All riders MUST RSVP through Eventbrite in order to participate. By RSVP'ing for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth here.
When & Where
Empire Triathlon Club
NYC's premier triathlon training club and coaching resource for athletes of all abilities.