Emerging Artist Program
Who is this for?
- Performing or visual artists who want to gain experience and skills on what goes on at the back end of industry events and the music business.
- People interested in event/ project management, festivals and community/ youth engagement
- Creative industries practitioners
Learn by doing!
Come and participate in a series of practical workshops to gain industry and business skills to assist in the growth of your artistic career. Learn from industry experts to develop your leadership and creativity and how to best apply your talents practically towards all aspects of events and project release strategies.
The program runs over 6 months - Every Wednesday night starting 19th October 2016 - 19th April 2017.
- Week 1 - 8: 19th Oct - 10th Dec
- Holiday Break: 11th Dec - 17th Jan
- Week 9 - 21: 18th Jan - 19th April
Program will cover:
- Team building, leadership and personal development
- Career and educational pathways
- Industry discussions
- Budgets and invoicing
- Building networks and creating community involvement
- Creation of marketing materials
- Creative thinking and writing
- Event management
- Event sustainability
- General business operations
- Managing teams and volunteers
- Marketing, advertising and promotions
- Profiling target markets
- Programs, running orders and other event documents
- Promotion of creative acts
- Registrations and ticketing systems
- Venue and stage management
- WHS, risk management and logistics
Over the 6 month period you will get hands on experience by assisting with the following projects:
Australian Independent Music Awards: 26 Oct
HipHop History Month: 3-13 Nov
World Village Festival: 5 Nov
Luka Lesson - The Artifact Tour: 5 Nov
The Plot Festival: 19 Nov
10 Years of Akala: 9 & 10 Dec
BPS Summer Jam: 31 Jan
4Elements Youth Workshops: Feb/ Mar
4Elements Hiphop Festival: 18 Mar
Awards & Celebration Event: 29 Mar
Youth Week: April
This project is supported by Bankstown Youth Development Service and City of Canterbury-Bankstown Council.