ELI Online - "How Online Innovations are Transforming Learning"
Daily Event: 11:00 AM (CST)
Over the past few years, we’ve seen many new approaches in the online dimensions of teaching and learning. Phenomena like the MOOC, learning analytics, and new concepts such as personalized and adaptive learning are generating not only tactical innovations, but also entirely new models for teaching and learning in higher education. Some of these are transformative, with implications for blended and face-to-face learning environments.
This three day event will be held on Troy University Campus in Troy Alabama. The online focus sessions will explore new approaches and models, the evidence that supports them, and how they can be deployed to support all learning:
- Promotion of personalization, engagement, and efficiency in learning through the development of new instructional delivery models that make creative use of content and resources (e.g., time, instructors and other staff)
- Use of learner analytics to support quality, affordability, and continuous improvement in instructional programs
- Tools, such as service blueprinting, that can help us to serve students through our innovations
- Use of instructional technologies and platforms that support competency-based learning, adaptive learning, and other customized learning approaches
- Leadership in a rapidly transforming higher education landscape and its impact on teaching and learning
Join us for one or all three days on the Troy Unviversity Campus. Since session will take place throughout the day from 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM CST, you can come and go as your schedule permits. For details about the individual session, click the following link to view the session agenda. This an event you definitely don't want to miss!
Note: Please register for each day you plan to attend.
Joint Training Center 101A (Conference Room)
100 University Park
eTROY Instructional Design
The goal of eTROY Instructional Design Faculty Development is to implement programs that provide Troy faculty members/instructors with the skills and tools needed to design and create an online learning environment contributing to student success, engagement and retention. Our hands-on approach provides practical solutions faculty can use to create online classrooms that are collaborative, interactive, engaging and rich in feedback.