Please join us for the 7th Annual Practical Strategies in Contemporary Health Care event: Elements and Gaps in Caring for an Aging Community.
Five contact hours will be provided for conference (full attendance required) provided to LCSW, CNA, LPN, RN, ARNP, NHA (Professional license number information must be presented for educational credit).
Continuing Education Provider No. 50-973
MAs and other professionals will be provided a certificate to submit to their respective chapters.
$25.00 - Advanced Registration
$35.00 - At Door Registration
Speakers and Titles of Presentations:
#1 Dr. Neville Sarkari, MD, FACP, Chief Medical Officer, Tidewell Hospice
Title: Elements and Gaps in End-of-life Care
- Describe the current state of dying in the U.S.
- Introduce hospice and palliative care as a model for care
- Discuss concepts of suffering
- Introduce the EPEC Curriculum
#2 Dr. Teresa Rawe; Teresa Rawe, DO. Emergency Department, System Medical Healthcare System
Title: Gaps in Discharge Planning and Effects of Readmissions
A. Donna Jolly Pharm D, BCPS, CPH, Vice President-Pharmacy Services, Tidewell Hospice
Title: Transitions of Care: Gaps in Medication Management
- Discuss concepts in transitions of care and medication implications
- Identify resources for transitions of care
- Explore tools to address medication related transition care issues
B. Annette Pace – Rev. C. Annette Pace, BSN, RN, MA in Counseling
Title: Challenges of Spirituality in Healthcare
- What is ethical spiritual care?
- Who provides spiritual care?
- What is the difference between religious and spiritual?
- Understand the importance of spiritual nurture for patients and families
- Focusing on patient as a whole person
- Patient’s Bill of Rights
#5 Jennifer Bencie, M.D., M.S.A. Administrator / County Health Officer Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
Title: Public Health Concerns in An Aging Population
- Review data indicators for this population
- Discuss influences affecting health
- Share opportunities for improvement/best practices
#6 Dr. Jason Quintal, Ph.D., LCSW, Dr. Quintal & Associates
Title: Mind the Gap: Making the Difference for an Aging Community
- Identify Elements of Empowerment for an Aging Community
- Gain an Understanding of How to Advocate for an Aging Community
- Gain understanding of Brain Based Strategy to Eliminate Fear