Elemental Nutrition Module 4: Is There Power in "Power Foods"? What Science Says About Popular Foods, Grains, Medicinal Food, Essential Oils, and Super Foods
There's a ton of conflicting information in the media and the medical literature regarding "super foods" and foods you should "never eat". Patients routinely come to the acupuncture clinic with questions about the benefits/utility/possilbe harm in consuming these foods. Learn what science has to say so you can provide accurate, sound advice to your patients based on medical evidence and classical Asian medicine understanding of nutrition.
1) Understand what (if anything) makes "super foods" super and who could benefit from eating them. Does science back the claims?
2) Learn who should avoid "sin" foods (ie: beer, bread, dairy, soda, chocolate) and who can "get away" with eatingi them and why.
3) Understand what science says about which foods are truly bad and/or toxic for most people (ie: artificial sweeteners, certain food dyes)
4) Learn about genetically modified foods and their role in the diet.
5) Understand various methods of juicing and the nutrition differences between the products of juicing vs high power blending.
6) Understand the role of essential oils for internal use and know which are toxic and should not be used internally.
7) Learn the uses for "medicinal foods" (ie: ginger, mushrooms, bone broth, seaweed) and when to use them.
Course is approved by the California Acupuncture Board for CEUs. NCCAOM approval is pending.