Arborists need to be aware of potential electrical hazards in their work environment. Tree care brings arborists in close contact with energized power lines and equipment that have the potential for serious injury and fatalities. This training is for tree care professionals who want to avoid deadly encounters and other negative consequences with electricity. Keep your crew safe with electrical hazard awareness training.
The following topics are reviewed in this training:
- O.S.H.A. / A.N.S.I. / OH & S / E.C.U.S.R. Standards and Regulations
- First Aid and CPR (review)
- Electrical Theory
- Electrical Accidents
- Dielectric Tools and Equipment
- Voltage Identification
- Demonstration of safe work practices
Philip Kelley is a lead climber and instructor. He has 25 years in the industry and is a Past President of the Georgia Arborist Association and has been a Certified Arborist since 2000. He is a judge for the ISA North American Tree Climbing Championship and ISA Aerial Rescue International Tree Climbing Championship. He has taught for North American Training Solutions since 2009. He is a contract climber and owner of Samara Tree Preservation and Training since 2014.
Philip is an ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Instructor for Tree Worker/Climber specialist, Aerial Rescue Technician, Line clearance tree trimmer, Electrical Hazard Awareness, Aerial Lift Specialist, Hazard Tree Assessment, Tree Dynamics and Integrated Risk Assessor, Advanced Chainsaw Safety Cutting & Felling Techniques. He was a part of the NATS Instructor Intensive Training in 2009, 2015, Chainsaw Train the Trainer in 2014, and Vitality Summit in 2016.
Location: Gregory Forum 108C, Clackamas Community College, 19600 Molalla Ave., Oregon City OR 97035
ISA CEUs: pending
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the event will be refunded at 100%.
- Cancellations made within 5-9 days of the event will be refunded at 75%.
- Cancellations made within 1-4 days of the event will be refunded at 50%.
- Refunds will not be made available for no-shows.