eL201-2016 OCT-NOV Online Teaching and Design Strategies (eLearning 201, online format)
Monday, October 17, 2016 at 9:00 AM (PDT)
eL201-Online teaching and Design Strategies (fully online – up to 4 weeks)
Continue your eLearning teaching experience with advanced strategies in online teaching pedagogy and course design (eLearning 201) facilitated by Clark eLearning.
This fully online workshop is designed for instructors who will teach online or hybrid courses for Clark College. By the end of the workshop, you should have a working knowledge of most features in the Canvas LMS with attention on those more advanced features used for effective online learning and the implementation of Quality Matters standards in your course, have at least one of your courses full developed in Canvas, and be ready to start teaching.
This workshop provides first-hand experience with topics including:
- online teaching strategies including course organization and navigation, instructor presence, and student engagement such as collaborative learning experiences;
- alignment of teaching materials and activities with well-written and measurable learning objectives and assessments;
- adjusting your course to meet Quality Matters standards like course overview and introduction techniques, thorough course syllabus, course technology and accessibility, and student support;
- study student tracking tools and effective feedback tools like rubrics and Crocodoc;
- Canvas features like file management, peer-review, student groups, and much more.
Extensive resources are available to provide more depth of topics.
- eL101-Intro to Canvas (eLearning 101, previously Canvas 101)
- eL200- (An Introduction to Teaching Online) recommended if you are new to teaching online and/or if you want a face-to-face jump start to this Canvas 201 online workshop.
OTHER eLEARNING OFFERINGS AVAILABLE:
- eL105-Canvas Grading (eLearning 102, F@F format)
- eL202-Teaching Online with Hybrid (prereq. eL201)
- eL110-Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (hybrid format)
- eL210-Effective Online Discussions (online format)
- eL220-Universal Design
- eL221-Instructional Design
Contact Kathy Chatfield at email@example.com for more information.