eL105 -Canvas Grading 2016 FALL (eLearning 105, F2F format)
Thursday, October 13, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
eL105-CANVAS Grading (f2f, 3hrs)
Continue your Canvas experience with the ins and outs of grading in Canvas, facilitated by Clark eLearning.
This face-to-face workshop is designed for instructors who will use Canvas for grading, student submissions online or in class, and/or course grade calculations. By the end of the workshop, you should have a working knowledge of all grade-related features in the Canvas LMS including the opportunity to actually grade student-submitted work.
This workshop provides first-hand experience with topics including:
- Setting up and organizing the Assignments area
- Creating Assignment Groups (grading categories)
- Setting up course grading calculations for either weighting or points-based systems
- Adding graded Assignment, Discussion, and Quiz objects to your course
- Real-time grading of Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes (text entry, documents with Crocodoc, media, with/without rubric, group work, and essay question quizzes)
- Recommendations for effective feedback comments (from Quality Matters) and with webcam
- Creating and managing rubrics
- Adding rubrics to assignments, discussions, quizzes
Extensive resources are available to provide more depth of topics.
- eL101- Intro to Canvas
OTHER eLEARNING OFFERINGS AVAILABLE:
- eL110-Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
- eL200-Intro to Teach Online
- eL201-Online teaching and Design Strategies (prereq Canvas 101)
- eL202-Teaching Online with Hybrid (prereq Canvas 201)
- eL210-Effective Online Discussions
- eL220-Universal Design
- eL221-Instructional Technology
Contact Kathy Chatfield at email@example.com for more information.