This class can be taken as a boot camp by purchasing a ticket for the 101 class and the 201 class. A 10% discount will be given if you purchase both tickets for a combined week long class. These classes may also be taken separately.
El Capitan 101: OS X Support Essentials:
Rooted Consulting is now offering El Capitan 101. This class is aimed at introducing help desk personnel and consultants methods to support OS X El Capitan.
El Capitan 101 is a 3-days that meets from 8am-6pm each day, with a one hour break for lunch each day. The cost is $1,500 per student (a 10% discount will be applied if you have attended the OS X 100 class with Rooted Consulting). The certification exam will be administered at the end of the last day of the class.
As an added value:
The certification exam fee is included with your tuition for the class.
The book is provided the first day of class and is included as part of your tuition fees.
Attendance of Mac Integration Basics (Not Required)
Attendance of El Capitan 100 (Recommended)
Attendance of El Capitan 201 (Not required)
OS X Support Essentials is a three-day, hands-on course that provides an in-depth exploration of troubleshooting on OS X El Capitan. This course is designed to give you a tour of the breadth of functionality of OS X El Capitan and the best methods for effectively supporting users of OS X El Capitan systems. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
Course Description: http://training.apple.com/pdf/elcapitan101.pdf
Course Exam Prep: http://training.apple.com/pdf/support-10.11-exam-prep.pdf
If you are taking this class as a boot camp with a 101 and 201, below is the 201 description.
Get trained by the people who wrote the book on Apple deployments. Managing Apple Devices is an entirely new hands-on course created by Apple Pro Training Series authors Arek Dreyer and Adam Karneboge. In order to offer the best possible training experience, HCS partner training centers have exclusive access to the original authors and development team.
Managing Apple Devices will enable you to create an effective plan for deploying and maintaining groups of Apple devices using iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan in your organization. This instructor-led course and companion reference guide teaches a wide variety of Apple management technologies (explains the theory behind the tools) and provides practical, hands-on exercises to get you up and running with the tools. You will be introduced to Apple management technologies including Mobile Device Management, the Volume Purchase Program, and the Device Enrollment Program. Not only will you learn how to use Profile Manager, Apple’s implementation of Mobile Device Management, but you will also learn about the ideas behind device management and how to make configuration easier for both administrators and users while maintaining a highly secure environment.
Who Should Attend
- Technology professionals working for organizations of any size that want to build a solid foundation for managing Apple devices, even when using non-Apple management tools.
- Seasoned administrators looking to update their methodologies with new best practices.
- Power users looking to expand their understanding of Apple deployment technologies.
What You’ll Learn
- Knowledge of how the latest Apple deployment technologies work.
- How to use specific deployment tools.
- Deployment procedures and best practices.
- How to plan an effective deployment using Apple devices.
- iOS and OS X platform knowledge and basic navigation skills.
Part 1: Apple Management Concepts
• Understanding Apple’s Goals
• Device Management and Supervision
• Apple ID Considerations
• iCloud in Managed Environments
• Apple Deployment Programs
• Deployment Scenarios
• Network Considerations
• Security Considerations
• Physical Logistics
• Support Options
Part 2: OS X Server for El Capitan
• OS X Server Benefits
• TLS/SSL Certificates
• Caching Service Architecture
• Caching Service Setup
• Caching Service Troubleshooting
Part 3: Mobile Device Management
• Understanding Profiles
• Creating Profiles via Profile Manager
• Manually Installing Profiles
• Mobile Device Management Architecture
• Profile Manager Device Management
• User-Initiated Enrollment
• Profile Manager Inventory and Organization
• Profile Manager Administrative Tasks
• Automatically Pushing Profiles
Part 4: Out-of-the-Box Management via Apple Programs for Device Enrollment
• Device Enrollment Program Introduction
• Integrate DEP with Profile Manager
• Configure DEP Assignments in Profile Manager
• Activation Lock Introduction
• Manage Activation Lock
Part 5: Managed Apps and Books
• Volume Purchase Program Essentials
• VPP Service Enrollment and Administration
• Integrate the VPP with Profile Manager
• Purchasing VPP Apps and Books
• VPP Managed Distribution Assignments
• VPP Managed Distribution User Enrollment
• Installing VPP Managed Distribution Apps and Books Assigned via Apple ID
• Deploying In-House Apps and Books
• Manage In-House Apps and Books via Profile Manager
Part 6: Apple Configurator 2
• Apple Configurator 2 Planning
• Apple Configurator 2 Installation and Setup
• Use Configuration Profiles
• Prepare iOS Devices
• Create and Use Blueprints
• Organize devices
• Back up and Restore devices
• Automate device management
• Considerations for Managing Apps with Apple Configurator 2
• Manage apps and documents via Apple Configurator 2
• Install Apps via Apple Configurator 2
• Update Apps Deployed via Apple Configurator 2
• Single App Mode
Part 7: User Data and Services
• User Content Considerations
• Managing Access
• Managed Open In
• Limit Access to Content and Services
Part 8: Develop a Management Plan
• Defining Requirements
• Consider Third-Party Solutions
You can download the PDF from here.
See the training schedule here.