The Christmas Store is coming to town! For over forty years, Effingham FISH has provided a unique Christmas shopping experience for those families that may need a little extra help during the holiday season. With the help of Catholic Charities, they strive to achieve their goal of insuring that every Effingham County child has a Christmas toy, and every resident has food on their table on Christmas day. Parents are given the opportunity to shop at the store in order to provide their children with a personalized Christmas experience. As a result of the store, all families receive toys, coats, food, stockings and more for FREE. This year they are hoping to get more of the community involved. Whether you are a client needing to register, an individual that would like to volunteer, or a donor that would like to give, you are in the right place!
Who can register for the Christmas Store? Families that fall within the financial requirements below qualify to shop. After registration has closed, the clients will receive a ticket inviting them to attend the Christmas Store. This ticket will indicate a specific shopping appointment.
Client's income must be less than the specified amount listed on the chart to be eligible for the store:
How can I help? There are many ways to help with the Christmas Store!
- Sign up to be a personal shopper! You will help a client navigate through the Christmas Store to find the perfect gifts for their children. You must be at least 18 years old to be a personal shopper.
- Work a table! Being a table attendant will allow you the opportunity to help a parent find just the right gift for their child. Table attendants are responsible for restocking the gifts throughout their shift. You must be at least 16 years old.
- Donate! The Christmas store wouldn't be possible without your help. Whether you want to donate gifts or make a monetary contribution is up to you, but know it is all needed and appreciated!
- Get your business involved! We would love to have your business work or sponsor a table!
- Please contact Molly Bushue with any questions regarding donations. 217.254.0777 or MollyBushue@gmail.com
*Please note that clients are not eligble to volunteer at the store.
Donations can be made online (with a fee) by clicking "Register". Checks can also be made out to FISH, Memo: The Christmas Store and sent to: FISH Human Services, PO Box 473, Effingham, IL 62401.
Date and Time
Agracel Building (Old Yellow Book)
2201 Willenborg St
Effingham, IL 62401