Effective Discipline and Lawsuit-Proof Termination
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
In this progressive discipline and employee termination webinar understand the best practices of creating performance improvement plans, and how to avoid mistakes while disciplining or terminating employees (including older and protected class workers).
Why Should You Attend:
Disciplining and terminating workers who are underperforming or breaking the rules is stressful for even the most skilled manager. Even worse, there are so many ways to get it wrong; failing to document all incidents regarding a discharge, firing an employee who has health or personal problems, or waiting until the employee’s performance has deteriorated past the point of no return to address it.
Join us for this highly informative 90 minute webinar to learn about current legal – and practical - dos and don'ts of employee discipline and termination. Understand the best practices for preparing, communicating, and documenting performance improvement plans for your workers. This session will also help you learn how to avoid or defend yourself against bias and retaliation claims made by departing employees.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How to turn problem employees around.
- How to decide when it's time to stop coaching and start disciplining individual employees.
- How to determine what is appropriate discipline.
- Best practices for preparing, communicating, and documenting performance improvement plans for your workers.
- The most common mistakes employers make with progressive discipline (and how you can avoid repeating them).
- The step-by-step procedures you should always follow when discharging an employee.
- What you should always say - and what you must never say - when letting an employee go.
- How to handle the termination meeting - who should attend, and what to say and do.
- The legal thresholds you must meet when firing workers based on bad behavior or poor performance.
- How to avoid (and defend yourself against) bias and retaliation claims made by departing employees.
- How to avoid making mistakes when disciplining or terminating older workers and other "protected class" employees.
- The special challenges presented by workers out on leave, from FMLA and USERRA to workers comp.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.