Who this is suitable for:
This course is suitable for student/NQT mentors and all staff who work within the classroom.
This course considers at the professional characteristics of a ‘good’ teacher and how to identify and ‘take on’ that role. Effective teachers know how to ‘play the part’ and develop a classroom persona that to some, may feel unattainable.
Presence is a key factor in the day to day success in the classroom and we recognise that not all of us are naturally aware of how to exhibit it. This is not a course full of role play, but instead packed with practical, hands on guidance and advice that will provide the tools to become a more confident and effective classroom manager and teacher.
Outcomes for Delegates:
• To develop confidence and presence in the classroom in order to improve Teaching and Learning.
• To understand that we are all ‘actors’ in the classroom.
• To identify that classroom presence can be taught in order to improve T and L through effective classroom management.
• To identify what makes good and effective communications and presentation skills; working with the voice and body to ‘give off’ the right message.
• To understand what conflict resolution looks like and how to use it effectively in the classroom.
• To have the opportunity to discuss and devise a portfolio of classroom management strategies.
Leicestershire - Thursday 19th January 2017
Nottinghamshire - Thursday 27th April 2017
Leicestershire - Thursday 6th July 2017
Derbyshire - Thursday 21st September 2017
All courses support the principles of the new Teachers Professional Development Standards and most recent OFSTED framework
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For further information about all of our courses and bespoke services contact Claire:
Telephone: 0115 9648204
Or visit our website: www.cgrassociates.com