San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Coming to Edutech Summit at Digital Hollyood Fall Los Angeles, Wednesday, October 17, 2012
A few participating companies include:
X PRIZE Foundation - Revolution Through Competition: Introduction to World of X PRIZE Foundation -
How Global Challenges to Develop Innovative Solutions for Mobile, Tablet and Social Media Platforms for Education are Engaging Everyone.
Kacy Qua, Prize Development, Global Literacy
- Global Solutions, Big Data and Apps for Education: A look at $2.5 Million in Grants & More - How and Why X PRIZE Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Facebook, Google and others are seeking to rally instructors, designers and developers to create apps that will help and engage students, teachers, school systems and parents.
- Brainrush.com - Nolan Bushnell's new Education Venture
- OoVoo - As video chat services are becoming part of mainstream education in 21st century, ooVoo free 12-way HD Video is a game changer
- Udemy - Eren Bali, Co- founder and CEO A leading online learning platform (website) that allows instructors to host courses on almost anything!
- FunkU University - There's no music program on the planet quite like Bootsy Collins Funk U. With over 800 lessons, lectures, and exercises available to view, students of Funk U
- 3DX -Welcome to the future of 3D video, print campaigns, websites, and mobile applications and ebooks for children
- Black Girls Code - Kimberly Byrant, Founder - Hoping to bring more women of color to Silicon Valley, a new organization teaching young girls to learn to code at critical age of middle school or elementary.
- Code Hero - Kickstarter winner, Axel Peake's Code Hero is a game that teaches you to make games as you play!
- Bahati Foundation - Founded by America racer, Rahsaan Bahati, a heavy leverager of social media and video to encourage fans and famous friends to support foundation's outreach programs that are designed to motivate and empower kids toward higher achievement in education, music and sports.
What is Edutech Summit at Digital Hollywood?
Edutech Summit Empowering Innovations in Lifelong Learning is a high profile symposium, demo showcase and networking event that celebrates digital, mobile, social media, gamification and video innovations and the entrepreneurial innovators who are revolutionizing the American education system. In its inaugural debut, we are bringing together the best of two worlds – the world of education and high-tech innovators who will discuss the need to change the current thinking and applications utilized to collaborate, teach and engage today’s students everywhere. It is aligned with Digital Hollywood, the premiere entertainment and technology event in the country, and is held in Los Angeles and New York City – the expected Digital Hollywood attendance for Los Angeles is 2,500.
What happens at the Edutech Summit at Digital Hollywood?
This Symposium encompasses a one day event of panel sessions, demo showcases a private dinner and networking opportunities focused on bringing together leading voices in the education arena and entrepreneurial technologists that are revolutionizing education via mobile video and on-demand to connected devices in classrooms, dorms, homes and on the go. Also included is a Mobile App/Games Hack-A-Thon for Education Challenge/Demo Day, adding a “hands-on” component to creative product development and a showcase.
Why is Edutech Summit at Digital Hollywood?
Discoverability - The strategy behind launching the Edutech Summit platform at the Digital Hollywood series is brilliant. Digital Hollywood has built its reputation on connecting the best in every major studio, technology company, cable, satellite and communications company, retailers as well as content developers and programmers for all entertainment industry medias and markets. It is past time to connect the best of Digital Hollywood with the educators shaping the minds of our future innovators; we see this as a win-win for all involved.
Some of what we plan to cover:
• Transmedia of Education (3D, Games, eTextbooks, Video, AR, and more
• Massive Open Online Classes (MOOCs)
• Crowd-funding Educational App and Video Games
• Strategies for Mobile Learning
• Monetizing Smart-phones and Tablets and other Connected Devices
• New Wave on Indie Publishing
• Social TV Experience for Education
• Internet TV Mobile Video Streaming and Flips Classroom
• Investing Risk Capital in Startups in Education
• How to Earn Money with Online Classes
If you need insight on the best way to Find, Fund and Build the Next Big Mobile Apps, eBooks and Games that will change the Education Area….then you must come!:
• Curriculum Developers
• Content Buyers
• App / Game Developers
• API Developers
• UI/UX Experts
• Social Media Networks Executives
• Media and Entertainment Executives
• Parents/Parent Organizations
• Schools/ School Systems
• Granting Organizations/ Not-For-Profit Orgs
• Policy Makers
• Brands/ Agencies
• Venture Capitalists
• Talent Agencies
• Consumer Electronic Companies
• OEM/ Tablet Devices Manufacturers
• M-Commerce/T-Commerce Networks International Content Distributors
• Edutech Companies• Entrepreneurs
When & Where
"Hacking The Importance of Music Education in Our Schools" is a partnership of change agents: The High School Music Company, Digital Hollywood and Startup Edtech.
The partnership is seeking to raise sponsorship from corporate sponsors supporting solutions to reach students and their communities with a new narrative to connect them with the tech innovation economy.
"Hacking The Importance of Music Education in Our Schools" 2015 is multi-city challenge event series featuring turnkey hands-on custom coding classes, robotics and tech entrepreneurship workshops. Students will be mentored and hosted by Startup Edtech (Silicon Valley based pioneer in Mobile Education Entrepreneurship).
This unique approach to student engagement with technology represents a distinct opportunity for aligned corporate partners to create direct outreach and support of tech-inclusion efforts that can result in a lifelong impact for our students and their future impact on society at large.