Education for Generation Distracted: Micro-Learning
Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Redwood City, CA
We are happy to invite you to the edTech event “Education for Generation Distracted: micro-learning”!
Join us for an evening of food and drinks, hospitality, and networking. Learn about the Coursmos - world's first micro-learning platform. Unique opportunity to create your own micro-course on the spot: micro-learning video booth!
The worry among teachers and parents is that we’re raising a generation of kids in front of screens whose brains are going to be wired differently. We believe that it's already a reality and we need to address this challenge and adapt to this generation’s unique way of learning.
This event is a chance to start conversations between micro-learning professionals, instructors, researches and students.
1) What is micro-learning?
2) How can micro-learning be integrated into e-learning and traditional learning methods?
3) What areas will it be best suited for?
- Peter F Young, Director at Silicon Valley Center For Global Studies
- Pamela Levine, Stanford Graduate School of Education, Education Technology Specialist
- Bill Wiles, Principal, The Securieon Group; President & CEO, Scent Sciences Corporation
- Dan Zhou, Founder ReadyEdgeGo
- Speaker from Microsoft (TBC)
If you are interested in meeting, partnering with world-class edExperts we'd love to see you there.
Who: educators, edTech entrepreneurs, partners, startups,researches, bloggers and other interested parties.
When: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Where: nestGSV, 425 Broadway St., Redwood City, California 94063
When & Where
Coursmos is a first micro-learning platform where micro-courses are simple to create and easy to learn.