Every Day Ready is conducting a Youth Introduction to Firearms course.
The Youth Introduction to Firearms is an excellent opportunity for interested youth to gain exposure and knowledge on various firearms in a responsible and controlled environment with an emphasis on safety. EDR recognizes that exposing and educating youth in shooting sports from an early age is critical to the continued growth of the shooting community and shooting sports.
The Youth Introduction to Firearms course is designed to teach youth about firearms safety and basic marksmanship skills. Students will learn about firearms in general, firearms safety, basic shooting positions, and fundamentals of marksmanship. The course will also teach students how to respond if they should ever encounter an unsecured firearm during the course of life. SPECIAL NOTICE! Parents are welcome to sign up and take the course with thier kids - there is no upper age limit! This is a great way to bond with your youth as they learn firearms safety and have a great time as well.
Students will be trained using bolt action .22 rifles and ammunition provided by EDR. Shotgun training will be presented as well. All required firearms and ammunition will be provided.
Youth Introduction to Firearms is presented at a very basic level, with no stress, and emphasis on both safety and fun. The course is designed for youth starting at age 10 & up, however younger youths may be permitted to participate as well, if they are vetted to be able & responsible. IMPORTANT NOTICE - for this course, we do ask that all youths be accompanied by a parent or desginated guardian. One parent can be a designated guardian for youths from different families.
6702 Wildlife Trail Raleigh, NC 27613
Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/yb49D
Please proceed SLOWLY down Wildlife Trail past Dead Broke Horse Farm, and look for the Every Day Ready sign on the left. Drive through the gate and follow the gravel road all the way to the range site. Park on the left between the parking signs.
Eligibility to Attend
- Each student must submit a completed and signed EDR waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Each student must be accompanied by a parent or designated guardian.
- Students should arrived by 7:30am and move to the range to get ready for class.
- Class will start at 8:00am sharp.
- The class is approximately 8 hours in length should be done by approximately 4:30pm.
- The class covers the following topics:In the event of rain, the course will be rescheduled to February.
- Types of firearms
- How firearms work
- Live fire demonstrations
- Firearm safety
- Manual of arms
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Range rules
- Bolt action .22 rifle
- 20ga or 12ga shotgun
- Semi-auto .22 rifle gallery
- Shooters will participate in fun & challenging drills to apply what they’ve learned
A maximum of ten (14) seats are avaialble for this course, register now to secure your place!
Student Required Items
- Firearms & ammo shall be provided by EDR.
- Parents and students should NOT bring personal firearms for class.
- Eye and Ear (hearing) protection
- Appropriate clothing *** The class is conducted entirely outdoors. Please dress appropriately! ***
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks (water is best for hydration)
- Long Pants with a belt are recommended regardless of temperature
- Appropriate outdoor shoes
- A Hat is recommended
- Layered clothing to adjust for comfort
- Jacket based on time of year. Waterproof is recommended.
If the student has any special needs or requirements, please inform the instructors prior to enrolling. If the student does not have any of the required items, please let the instructors know prior to the class.
For any questions on the class or these requirements, please contact the instructors prior to your class date.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Save This Event
When & Where
Every Day Ready
Every Day Ready, or EDR, focuses on providing exceptional training in firearms, self protection and emergency preparedness.
EDR instructors bring years of experience in to a small class structure that allows students to receive personal attention, a positive experience that maximizes skill development and the opportunity to train critical skills.
From the first-time or novice to the experienced, EDR has course offerings for all skill levels. We look forward to the opportunity to train with you!