Actions and Detail Panel
EDR NC Concealed Carry Legal (CCL) Apr 9, 2017
Sun, April 9, 2017, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Every Day Ready will offering a half-day North Carolina Concealed Carry Legal (CCL) class as part of a totaly training requirements for the NC Concealed Carry Handgun training. The CCL class is only the morning/legal portion of the NC CCH class and certification process. Attending the CCL class will allow students who either have or will be completing the Defensive Handgun 1 (DH1) class within 90 days to be certified by EDR as completing all the required training for the CCH certificate.
The CCL class is also a great refresher for current Concealed Carry Handgun permit holders who would like to refresh thier knowledge of the legal requirements of concealed carry in NC.
Our class offers a low student to instructor ratio where students are introduced to the legal requirements of concealed carry and the use of deadly force as it relates to NC laws, while emphasizing student interaction and hands-on training. This class meets all requirements of the North Carolina Administrative Code: 12 NCAC 09F
Successful completion of the CCL class AND the DH1 class is required for students to apply for their NC Concealed Carry Handgun permit with their local Sheriff’s office.
Cost = $25.00 per student
6702 Wildlife Trail Raleigh, NC 27613
Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/yb49D
Please proceed SLOWLY down Wildlife Trail past Dead Broke Horse Farm, and look for the Every Day Ready sign on the left. Drive through the gate and follow the gravel road all the way to the range site. Park on the left between the parking signs.
Reminder: All firearms must remain secured or concealed until directed otherwise by EDR. DO NOT handle or display any firearms until directed by EDR.
Please see the included NC CCL Class Overview & Requirements document for additional class information and requirements.For more information, please contact Monty and/or Stephen directly.
Eligibility to Attend
- Each student will attest that they meet all of the requirements under NCGS § 14-415.12 to qualify for the issuance of a NC Concealed Carry Handgun permit.
- Please see:
- The class will begin promptly at 8am. Students should plan on arriving at 7:30am.
- The CCL class is a minimum of 4 hours in length and requires additiona handgun training to qualify for the CCH certificate.
- A written legal examination is required.
- Each student will receive a Concealed Carry Handgun Training book (Red book) that includes a test in the back.
- The class covers the following topics:
- Legal Issues associated with concealed carry and use of deadly force
- Handgun safety
- Types of handguns
- Carry Concealed safety issues
- Proficiency Drills
- Cleaning and maintenance
Student Required Items
- All handguns should arrive unloaded and secured and should remain that way until instructed otherwise.
- Appropriate clothing *** The class is conducted outdoors. Please dress appropriately! *** Note taking materials; pen/pencil/paper
- Long Pants with a belt are recommended regardless of temperature
- Appropriate outdoor shoes
- A Hat is recommended
- Layered clothing to adjust for comfort
- Jacket based on time of year. Waterproof is recommended.
- If the student has any special needs or requirements, please inform the instructors prior to enrolling.
- If the student does not have any of the required items, please let the instructors know immediately.
For any questions on the class or these requirements, please contact the instructors prior to your class date.
Organizer Contact Info
Every Day Ready, LLC is a Raleigh based training organization providing exceptional training in firearms, self-protection, and emergency preparedness. EDR is provides an array of high caliber training at all skill levels. Our reputation for quality and customer service is unmatched.