Actions and Detail Panel
EDR Carbine Operator 1 (CO1) Apr 22, 2017
Sat, April 22, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Every Day Ready is conducting a full day Carbine Operator 1 course.
No experience is necessary! Learn to operate and employ an AR-15 or similar type carbine rifle, including field stripping, basic handling, loading, unloading, zeroing, marksmanship fundamentals, engaging targets at various ranges, shooting on the move, reloads, clearing malfunctions, and much more! The course will cover both skills and application. Hold on to your hat, because this course involves a lot of shooting! You will leave this course operating your carbine rifle with increased skill and confidence.
Carbine Operator 1 (CO1) provides shooters with basic carbine manipulation and shooting instruction. The course begins at a basic level and brings shooters to a higher level of safety, proficiency, and confidence in carbine operation. The course primarily addresses operation of AR15 type systems, but can also support the operation of AK and other common carbine systems.
Shooters will learn basic manual of arms, carry techniques, ready positions, zeroing the rifle, fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, shooting positions, reloading, clearing soft malfunctions, and will learn to employ the carbine rifle at ranges from 5yds to 100yds. CO1 includes a basic carbine qualification to establish a baseline measurement of skills.
During the CO1 course, shooters will fire on both paper and steel targets. The course is hands-on and contains very limited lecture time. Students will also receive brief instruction in basic field stripping and cleaning of their carbine rifle.
While students will benefit the most from the use of ‘iron’ sights in training, students may use red-dot or other optics as they desire. Optics with higher magnification are not recommended as they are not suitable for the close range work in this course.
The cost is $150 per student.
6702 Wildlife Trail
Raleigh, NC 27613
Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/yb49D
Please proceed SLOWLY down Wildlife Trail past Dead Broke Horse Farm, and look for the Every Day Ready sign on the left. Drive through the gate and follow the gravel road all the way to the range site. Park on the left between the parking signs.
Reminder: All firearms must remain secured or concealed until directed otherwise by EDR. DO NOT handle or display any firearms until directed by EDR.
Eligibility to Attend
- 15 years of age, with an enrolled parent. 18 years of age, or older.
- Each student will submit an EDR completed and signed waiver.
- Must meet all Federal and State laws to possess and operate a handgun.
- The class will begin promptly at 8am. Students should arrive at 7:30am to move to the range and set up.
- The class is approximately 8 hours in length. Students should expect to be done by 5:00pm.
- Class is held rain or shine!
- The class covers the following topics:
- Battle Sight Zero (BZO)
- Zeroing with Irons and Optics
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Field Striping
- Basic manipulation
- Sight Alignment/Sight Picture
- Dry fire training
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Shooting from various ranges (Under 25 yards to over 250 yards)
- Shooting on the move
- Engaging multiple targets
- Defensive shooting tactics
- Qualification shoot
- Fun & challenging shooting drills to apply what you’ve learned
- A shooting proficiency qualification is required at the end of the day.
- The qualification will consist of 50 rounds total at various ranges on a silhouette target.
- Successful completion of the shooting qualification potentially enables the student to register for future classes requiring high proficiency levels.
Student Required Items
- A postive attitude and willingness to learn!
- All firearms should arrive unloaded and secured and should remain that way until instructed otherwise.
- Eye Protection - ANSI Rated is highly recommended
- Ear Protection - Electronic is recommended
- An operational rifle/carbine.
- 400 rounds of ammunition for your rifle/carbine
- Magazine carrier; belt, chest, plate carrier.
- Extra magazines, minimum of five (5)
- Rifle Sling
- Appropriate clothing *** The class is conducted outdoors. Please dress appropriately! ***
- Long Pants with a belt are recommended regardless of temperature
- Appropriate outdoor shoes
- A Hat is recommended
- Layered clothing to adjust for comfort
- Jacket based on time of year. Waterproof is recommended.
- Insect repellent according to time of year
- Lunch, snack and drinks
- If the student has any special needs or requirements, please inform the instructors prior to enrolling.
- If the student does not have any of the required items, please let the instructors know immediately.
Student Recommended Items
- Magazine carrier
- Rifle cleaning kit
- Rifle lube
- Dump pouch
For any questions on the class or these requirements, please contact the instructors prior to your class date.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Every Day Ready, LLC is a Raleigh based training organization providing exceptional training in firearms, self-protection, and emergency preparedness. EDR is provides an array of high caliber training at all skill levels. Our reputation for quality and customer service is unmatched.