Actions and Detail Panel
Ecotherapy for Clinicians: Integrating Ecotherapy into Clinical Practice
Sat, May 20, 2017, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
Join us for a nourishing full-day CEU training retreat for therapists without having to travel out-of-state!
What is Ecotherapy?
Ecotherapy allows clinicians a framework in which to offer nature-based therapies to their clients. Decades of research clearly demonstrates the positive effect nature has on mental health and well-being. Integrating nature as a co-therapist into the therapeutic process allows clinicians unique and holistic opportunities for exploring insight, growth, and healing.
Participants can expect to:
- Receive a variety of practical ecotherapy techniques to help you begin offering ecotherapy to clients
- Have rich opportunities to practice ecotherapy approaches and techniques
- Learn and discuss how to add ecotherapy to your work ethically
- Enjoy opportunities for networking and connecting with other therapists who share a desire to bring the natural world into clients' healing and growth
- Become a part of a growing network of Austin-area ecotherapists
- Enjoy restorative and relaxing time in nature for personal and professional nourishment
You will also:
- Set yourself and your practice apart
- Be able to offer clients a unique approach
- Be able to immediately begin offering ecotherapy to your clients
- Become a part of an innovative, creative field which is thriving in other states and countries, yet is newly emerging in Texas
- Learn an approach which lets you enjoy working outside!
About the Lost Pines of Texas
The training retreat will be held at a beautiful and peaceful private location near Bastrop in the Lost Pines ecoregion of Texas. This is a unique area which supports a distinct mixture of geology, soils, and plants and animals. Many wonderful animals live in or migrate through this location, finding the food, water, and protection they need to survive. Pileated woodpeckers, Cooper’s hawks, bullfrogs, and coyotes are but a few of the animals who make their homes in this area.
Limited to 10 participants. Pre-registration is required; no on-site registration available.
Scholarship available; please contact Amy directly for more information.
Lunch from Schlotzsky's is included,
CEUs: 6 total CEUs (1.25 ethics) for MSWs, LPCs, and LMFTs*
*This workshop has been approved for continuing education credit for Social Workers by the Texas Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers. LPC Approval Provider #2879. LMFT Approval Provider #1058.
A hearty thank-you to Starlite Recovery Center for sponsoring this training retreat! Please check out their website to discover why they are celebrating 60 years of success!