San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for our 2017 Empty Bowls community luncheon benefitting ECHO, El Camino Homeless Organization. Every lunch participant receives:
- Delicious soup and bread prepared by local chefs,
- A fun lunch served by local celebrities,
- A beautiful bowl - some handmade by local potters, some decorated by school children, others from our "eclectic collection" gathered by ECHO volunteers!
- A wonderful handmade potholder, trivet, mug rug, or another special item crafted by local knitters and quilters.
- Chance to win great raffle prizes - one free raffle ticket!
We thank Atascadero Bible Church for donating a wonderful location for our event this year!
Save This Event
When & Where
ECHO - El Camino Homeless Organization
ECHO is the only homeless shelter serving north San Luis Obispo County. ECHO is a volunteer-based, grass-roots shelter that began in 2001 and has never had a closed night. ECHO has 50 beds, four family rooms, and is ADA compliant. Of the beds occupied each evening, about 60% are for children and their parents. ECHO clients are required to work with case managers to develop an action plan to get back home and become self-sufficient. Clients have 90 days to work their plans, and may have more time if necessary. ECHO has an ongoing Job Search Workshop taught by a volunteer who helps clients search online for employment, write resumes, and practice interviewing. ECHO is a clean and sober shelter. Every adult is breathalyzed each evening and there is random drug testing. Every evening, ECHO partners with a community group to provide up to 80 meals to anyone who is hungry.