Easy peasy PJ trousers- an intro to dressmaking
- Do you want to start dressmaking using patterns but haven't a clue about all the terminology?
- Are you itching to get started making your own clothes, but too terrified to get the tissue pattern out of the packet?
Working with a simple pyjama pattern you”ll quickly understand how to go from tissue pattern, to fabric, to machine.
What you'll learn:
- Learn how to decypher the strange code of bought dressmaking patterns
- Understand the importance of lining up the fabric’s straight of grain
- How to make a simple elasticated waist band
- Choice of either adult or children's pattern available please specify before the class
Save This Event
When & Where
The Thrifty Stitcher
Claire-Louise Hardie is the Sewing Producer to "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Author of "The Great British Sewing Bee- Fashion with Fabric" She's also a professional Costumier and Guest presenter on Create and Craft TV. We offer small sized, friendly sewing classes and courses in Stoke Newington North London.
Our mission is to de-mystify the art of sewing and clothes making, showing you just how easy and fun it can be. We offer a range of contemporary sewing classes, suitable for adults at all levels. Fitting is our passion, and we love to helping students make clothes that fit.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing