Actions and Detail Panel
Early Learning & Childcare Conference: It's OK to Go Up the Slide!
Sat, October 22, 2016, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM MDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The Early Learning Childcare (ELCC) Conference is a conference for parents, foster parents, caregivers, childcare providers, and preschool teachers to develop new relationships with others in their field and to gain knowledge in areas such as child development, guidance and discipline, tips for program planning and other information related to children ages 0 to 5 years old.
Please join us Saturday, October 22 for our 10th Annual ELCC Conference: It's OK to GO UP the Slide! Get ready to re-examine long-standing ideas about parenting!
- Why it’s OK (and even good) for kids not to share.
- Offering the right risks in a sometimes scary world looks at ways we limit healthy risk (emotion, social, creative, and physical), with an emphasis on social rejection and talk about death with young children.
- Boys, boys, and tomboys (includes rough-and-tumble play, weapon play, and emotions that look like aggression).
Heather Shumaker is an experienced speaker whose warm, engaging style connects with audiences. Her presentations touch on today’s most timely topics for parents and teachers—safety and weapon play, bullying and conflict mediation, homework and recess, play, screens and the changing nature of childhood.
Based on her award-winning book, It’s OK NOT to Share (Tarcher/Penguin, 2012), Heather’s presentations lead audiences to confront deeply meaningful questions about parenting and communities in today’s world. Parents magazine called it “brilliant” and named it one of the Best Parenting Books of 2012. Salon.com called it “an insightful, sensible and compassionate book full of downright revolutionary ideas.”
Registration Details and Cancellation:
- The deadline to register is Monday, October 17.
- There will be no refunds on cancellations after Wednesday, October 19.
For additional information, please contact us at: