Actions and Detail Panel
e-Formation Conference 2017
Mon, Jun 5, 2017, 9:30 AM – Tue, Jun 6, 2017, 8:00 PM EDT
What: e-Formation is a learning community and an ecumenical conference on ministry in a digital world
Who: Leaders invested in the future of the church
- Congregational leaders, especially those involved in faith formation and communications ministries
- Seminary/university professors and students
- Chaplains and campus ministers
- Religious schools leadership (K–12)
- Publishers of digital faith formation content
- Regional leaders in faith formation: district, synod, diocese
- National denominational leaders
- Denominational media organizations
Conference Dates: Tuesday, June 6th - All-Day Conference, with optional Leadership Summit and Evening Program on Monday, June 5th.
Conference Location: Virginia Theological Seminary
Conference Program: Updated details here
- Change or cancelation until April 15: refund for any reason with $15 processing fee
- Change or cancelation April 16 ‒ May 15: refund for any reason with $25 processing fee
- Change or cancelation after May 15: no refunds available. Exceptions will be considered for pastoral emergencies.
What are my transportation/parking options getting to the event?
The conference is on-campus at Virginia Theological Seminary, 3737 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA.
- Directions: For travel directions go directly to the VTS website at www.vts.edu/directions.
- Metro: The Metro is the best way to get around the Washington, DC area. The closest Metro stop is the King Street Station which is about 3 miles away in Old Town Alexandria. A one-way cab ride will cost around $10.00. A DASH bus ride is around $1.60.
- Bus: Major East Coast bus lines stop at Washington Union Station. From there you can take the Metro.
- Train: Many East Coast Amtrak routes stop at King Street Station.
- From Reagan National Airport (DCA): Take the Blue or Yellow Metro lines to the King Street Station and follow the Metro instructions above OR take a taxi for approximately $20 door to door.
- From Dulles (IAD) or Baltimore/Washington (BWI) Airport: Use a shuttle service: Supreme Airport Shuttle (800-590-0000) or Super Shuttle (800-258-3826). Make reservations in advance by calling the shuttle service.
The main conference building for e-Formation 2017 is Addison Academic Center, 3630 Bishop Walker Circle. Parking is available behind the Academic Center. If this space is full, you may park in any parking space designated for visitors or in any undesignated space on the VTS campus. No parking pass is required. See this VTS campus map for the location of the Addison Academic Center and parking lots.
Is there a discounted rate for students and service year participants?
Yes, we can offer a discount on conference registration (and comp your Evening Program registration on request).
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
By email (email@example.com) or telephone (703.461.1885).
Is my registration(s) transferrable?
Yes, but please contact us ahead of time to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, contact us at to do so: email@example.com.
Does my registration include meals?
Monday Leadership Summit includes lunch.
Monday, June 5th Evening Program registration includes dinner.
Tuesday, June 6th Conference registration includes snacks, lunch and dinner.