All self-suspension is non-static suspension (because we have to change positions in order to get down), but some self-suspensions are more dynamic than others. This class teaches some of [Parker RopeBoi's][https://fetlife.com/users/55044] techniques for flying in the air solo and moving through a variety of different positions.
In this hands-on class, students will learn a specific 3-point self-suspension (comprised of a specific futomomo tie, a basic chest tie, and a modified gravity boot that self-levels to an in-line thigh tie), which illustrates Parker’s general approach and widely applicable techniques for dynamic self-suspensions.
The class will teach several up-line tie-offs for self-suspension, and cover different quick-releases and one-handed release techniques. Participants will learn and practice a futomomo for dynamic self-suspension. Participants will practice proprioception and dynamic movement in self-suspension, transitioning into different positions (e.g. face up, face down, side, upright, lotus, inverstion), and holding those positions. Students will learn and practice controlled lowering to the ground from an inverted position.
* Class from 8-10pm, doors open at 7:30pm
* Location: Little Boxes Theatre *(please be aware, this venue has cats!)*
* There will be a hard point for each attendee, to allow a completely hands-on experience
* Tickets: $20 per person, in advance only. Each attendee may bring 1 non-tying spotter if you choose, but this is not required. Tickets are available here:
* Level: Advanced
* Type: Hands On
* Prerequisite skills: Previous experience with self-suspension. Must have solid knowledge of the Somerville bowline, half-hitch, overhand knot, square knot. Prior knowledge of a gravity boot tie, and of Topologist's slipped-overhand "second column" in-line tie, will be helpful but is not required.
* Materials: Your rope kit (~5 or more ropes). A ring or 6+"-wide carabiner (i.e. not just conventionally sized carabiners), plus two additional standard sized carabiners. For participants who do not own a ring, a very limited number of rings will be available to share; please inquire in advance to borrow a ring. A webbing strap or similar to hang your hardware from a hard point. If you have a swivel, that will be helpful but is not required/needed.
### Want a skill refresher before the class, or interested in other self-suspension skills? Parker RopeBoi is available for private lessons on Wednesday, Nov 9th -- [contact them for details!][https://fetlife.com/users/55044]
About the presenter:
Parker RopeBoi is a smiley queer rope enthusiast and versatile player. Since 2009, Parker has presented rope lessons, workshops, and performances across North America and Europe. Parker is mainly known for novel self-suspension techniques, highly dynamic suspension ties, and quirky SM predicaments. Parker’s teaching builds upon a decade of experience. Parker seeks to foster a welcoming, affirming, anti-oppressive space for folks of all genders, and sexual orientations. Parker respects that all bodies are different and that there are no “one-size-fits-all” ties.