FACILITATOR AND SUPPORT PERSON TRAINING FOR DVSD
DVSD used Restorative Justice to create a complementary model to domestic violence intervention by giving both survivors and offenders an active voice in their futures.
This two-day interactive training is designed to demonstrate how combining batterer intervention programs with domestic violence programs can lead to a more comprehensive approach to helping those involved move further.
Upon completion you will:
- Understand the philosophy and practices of Restorative Justice
- Know where and why Restorative Justice works
- Understand why a Survivor/Victim Advocacy program and a BI program can work well together using the DVSD program.
- Develop skills to facilitate restorative processes in the DVSD program
- Walk away with ideas for implementation of DVSD in your community
- Counts towards 7 hours of BI Training and 7 hours of Victim/Survivor Advocacy. Meets Oregon standards for training.
February 23 & 24, 9am-4pm
DVSD Program, 1750 Skyline Blvd, Portland, Oregon 97209
The fee for this workshop is $75 . Discounts given to current students. A refund is available up to 14 days before the training, minus a $15 administrative fee.