San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
DV102: Understanding the Victim/Survivor of Domestic Violence
A Partnership for Change (APFC) is a New Jersey non-profit organization dedicated to ending intimate partner abuse through the provision of comprehensive education and awareness programs.
This class, DV102, provides a deeper understanding of the issue along with practical tools and information for working directly with victims.
Goals for DV102:
- Define the emotional and behavioral impact of abuse on victims and their families, friends and co-workers
- Identify barriers that prevent victims from leaving, and the dangers associated with leaving an abuser
- Learn how culture, religion, community, race, age, gender, ability or sexual orientation impacts decision-making and options
- Define the meaning of empowerment to a victim
- Identify essential information that victims need in order to identify their options and make informed decisions
- We provide light refreshments, but please bring your lunch.
- There is a parking garage located across the street. We do NOT advise street parking,
- Facility is wheelchair accessible.
- If you prefer to pay by check, email us at IPVA@APartnershipForChange.org
Information on Contact Hours, Continuing Education Credits and DVS Credits:
5.5 DVS (Domestic Violence Specialist) credits are awarded for EACH IPVA class; credits authorized by the NJ Coalition to End Domestic Violence (NJCEDV).
Nurses, Social Workers and LPCs:
Contact us at IPVA@APartnershipforChange.org for more information.
Workshops are based on best practices that acknowledge and respect the needs of victims from diverse populations. The speakers have nothing to disclose; there are no conflicts of interest, sponsorship, or financial/commercial support being supplied for this activity.
When & Where
A Partnership for Change (APFC)
A Partnership for Change (APFC) is a New Jersey-based, private, non-profit organization dedicated to ending intimate partner violence through the provision of comprehensive education, awareness and prevention programs.
All programs developed by Allison Bressler, MA and Gloria Sgrizzi, Co-Founders/Co-Directors of A Partnership for Change.
For more information about our work, visit us at www.APartnershipforChange.org.