San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Future of Energy:
How will today's challenges shape the future of the industry?
This annual event connects energy industry and policy leaders with members of the Duke community for constructive conversation about the challenges and opportunities facing the energy sector With support from groups such as the Duke Energy Initiative, the Center for Energy, Development, and the Global Environment (EDGE), the Duke MBA Energy Club, the Nicholas School Energy Club, and the Sanford School Energy and Environment Club, the conference is Duke University's largest energy event of the year.
Please note that our post-conference reception is sold out.
Opening Keynote: Jim Rogers, CEO of Duke Energy
Plenary Address: Warner Williams, VP of Chevron Gulf of Mexico Business Unit
Closing Keynote: Kateri Callahan, President of the Alliance to Save Energy
10:00-11:00AM | Panel I: Energy Consumers - What concerns and challenges do large energy off-takers in the industrial and commercial sector face? What steps are they taking to prepare for managing their energy consumption in the future?
- Peter Cunningham - Managing Director at Rio Tinto
- Steven Kline - Chief Sustainability Officer at PG&E
- Matt Kistler - Senior Vice President at Walmart
- David Doctor - Director of Engagement and Administration at Duke University Energy Initiative (Moderator)
11:00-12:00PM | Panel II: Energy Markets and Policy - What are the policy drivers for growth in energy markets both within the U.S. and between the U.S. and other countries?
- Greg Bosl - Power Origination at EDF Trading
- James Bradbury - Senior Associate at World Resources Institute
- Matt Eggers - Vice President at Sunrun
- Robert Kirchner - CEO of Phoenix Neftegaz Services
- Stephen Kelly - Visiting Professor at the Sanford School of Public Policy (Moderator)
1:00-2:00PM| Panel III: Energy Efficiency - Across the energy value-chain from the generator to the customer, how do different parties view energy efficiency?
- Dan York - Utilities Program Director at ACEEE
- Daniel Hullah - Partner at RockPort Capital
- Yoav Lurie - CEO of Simple Energy
- Dave Millar - Co-President of the Nicholas School Energy Club (Moderator)
2:00-3:00PM | Panel IV: Energy and Cybersecurity - What are the challenges and proposed solutions for cybersecurity as it relates to energy? What steps are being taken to strengthen security around the US energy framework?
- Sharon Allan - Partner at Accenture
- Don Denton - Vice President at DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability
- John McDonald - Director at GE Digital Energy
- Brad Luyster - Vice President at ABB
- Paul Stein - Advisory Partner at Ernst & Young (Moderator)
3:00-4:00PM | Panel V: Energy Investing - What are the current trends for energy investments from both traditional and renewable sectors?
- John Moore - CEO of Acorn Energy
- Paul Straub - Director at Claremont Creek Ventures
- Robert Turko - General Manager at GE Energy
- Chris Wedding - Manager of R&D and Sustainability at Cherokee Investment Partners
- Simon Rich - Chairman, RKI Exploration and Production (Moderator)