Actions and Detail Panel
Dual Language Education Fundamentals Workshop - Charlotte, NC
Thu, April 27, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
* Registration is at 8:30am
** Breakfast and lunch included.
Featuring the Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education
This informative and interactive one-day workshop, presented by experts from the Center for Applied Linguistics and Santillana USA, helps participants understand the fundamentals of dual language education, as they explore the research base and key components of dual language programming and instruction through the lens of the widely-used Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education and use that knowledge to evaluate starting or enhancing a dual language program on their campus.
Topics covered include
- Definition of dual language education and identifying the goals and basic components of dual language programming and instruction
- The research base in support of dual language education, as well as legal requirements regulating education of English learners in the U.S.
- Review and guidance on aligning instruction to the Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education.
- Best practices in dual language programming and how they link to the key goals of bilingualism & biliteracy, academic achievement, and cross-cultural understanding.