Drug Laws: The Worst Censorship of Research Since the Catholic Church Banned the Telescope
Professor David Nutt is Edmond J Safra Chair of Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College, London, but is best known as “the scientist who was sacked” by the Home Secretary because he compared the harms of horse-riding with taking ecstasy.
In this free public lecture Professor David Nutt will discuss:
- How different types of drugs are controlled.
- The history of drug control - political vs. scientific challenges.
- Cannabis compared with alcohol, Psychedelics, MDMA.
- Scientific opportunities lost - consciousness research - brain imaging.
- Medical treatments delayed or abandoned by the regulations - cannabis for pain - psychedelics for addiction and depression.
- A logical approach to drug control.
- Some more radical options e.g. a safe synthetic alcohol.
Professor David Nutt will be available to sign copies of his book
Drugs Without The Hot Air on the day!