THIS IS A FREE DROP IN MEDITATION GROUP.
ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME.
The group is a continuation of community from any Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, retreat, or Science & Practice of Stress Management course you may have attended. We offer insight meditation and some sample teaching from our Science & Practice of Stress Management course.
The Science & Practice of Stress Management
In this 9 week course, we learn how to recognize good versus harmful stress and develop tools for managing negative stress. We will learn scientifically proven methods for becoming aware of and managing things like blood pressure, heart rate, and other biomarkers of stress. We’ll cover some of the latest neuroscience research on self-awareness, self-management, and awareness of others in conjunction with practical exercises that fit into our everyday lives
Some of the evidence based benefits of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programs include:
- Cognitive flexibility and strategic thinking
- Emotion regulation
- Listening to self and others
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Enhanced focus
- Improved insight and innovation
- Increased working memory and attention
- Clearer perception and cognition
- Better decision making
- Improved sleep
- Improved variable heart rate
- Increased empathy and compassion
- Better overall health and well being
- Improved physiological functioning including reduction in inflammation, improved antibody response, balanced immune activity, and reversal of cellular aging measured by telomere length
- Increased thickness of the prefrontal cortex after 9 weeks of meditation practice, amygdala shrinks
- Reduction in the perception of pain