Entrepreneurship does not JUST happen in Silicon Valley. It happens in China too.
Discover some of the best people, organizations, tools, and technologies in the China Web and Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
Join us at Drinks & Demo [China Night] on Tuesday, January 11, 2011, starting at 6:00 PM for an open and informal (and fun!) gathering.
Chances are, many entrepreneurs don’t know anyone in China. But, everyone knows it's a multi-billion-dollar market and wants to explore more. Do American entrepreneurs and businesses belong there? If so, where do they start?
Meet the movers and shakers of the top technology companies from China/Japan/Singapore including:
- Sohu - Search (China)
- Tencent - Mobile (China)
- Jiankun.com - Telecom (China)
- Mobile2.0 Forum (China)
- Yicha - Mobile (Japan)
- WuKong - Mobile (China)
- Zmcn.cn - Mobile (China)
- Open Mobi - Mobile (China)
- JenKen Telecom (China)
- Runshi Info (China)
Meet entrepreneurs, investors (e.g. Henry Wong, Garage.com), media rock stars (Rebecca Fannin, Forbe Columnist), designers, developers, and beyond cool people who are involved in the China Web and Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
Learn what’s going on in China today.
What to expect from Drinks and Demo [China Night]:
- Inspiring people
- Free drinks
- Cool demos
- Impactful business conversations
Read this announcement in Chinese (Translated by myGengo).
Meet our sponsors:
Meet our partners
Statistics on China and Silicon Valley
- At least 60 Chinese companies invest in Silicon Valley so far, in the fields of travel industry, hotel, Hi-Technology, and clean technology, creating nearly 600 job opportunities
- California exports to Mainland China totaled $9.7 billion in 2009, a slight decrease from the previous year, making it the state's fourth largest trading partner.
- China is the top export country to California in 2009. The value of all imports from China to California reached US$89.3 billion.
- San Francisco / Shanghai Sister City Relationship started in 1980. More than 200 cultural, business and governmental exchanges between San Francisco and Shanghai have been held by the San Francisco-Shanghai Sister City committees.
Want to demo/exhibit?
We are looking for super cool organizations, tools and technologies in the China Web and Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
Demo and show off at Drinks & Demo [China night] and:
- Get your own demo table during the entire event
- Branding on SFentrepreneur meetup and registration page
- Expand your brand in the San Francisco Entrepreneur community
- 4 Complimentary tickets to this super cool event
- Mentions on our weekly emails
SFEntrepreneur is San Francisco's largest entrepreneur meetup, attracting entrepreneurs, investors, media rock stars, designers, developers and beyond cool people.
We are now 3200+ members strong and growing daily. We meet every other month usually focuses on a specific entrepreneurial or business.
Get ready to connect, educate and be inspired!
Kudos from our members:
meetups are well-organized, punctual and provide networking opportunities for
entrepreneurs. Members are encouraged to mingle with each other before and
after each event with investors and/or mentors often dropping by events.”
— Walter Yu
is THE group for Entrepreneurs. If you are looking to meet high caliber, like
minded entrepreneurs, this is the group to join!”
— Angie Martinez
Want to apply for a Press Pass?
Press passes are limited and will be made available to those who can verify they have 10K readers or more per month. This form is not a guarantee that you will receive a press pass as space is limited.
Tickets are transferable but are non-refundable.
When & Where